EQ

What is the most important factor to consider when integrating art as a teaching tool in middle school?

Thursday, January 31, 2013

Independent Component 1



•   LITERAL
(a) I, Catherine Renee Clauss, affirm that I completed my independent component which represents 30 hours of work.
(b) Heidi Clauss (will send contact info via email)
(c) This is the link to my Independent Component log https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AlJQ5qIWkJRzdDBiNTJQMmdKS0NaRk9DeUhCdk54Q0E#gid=0
•   (d) For my Independent Component 1 I created multiple art integrated activities for the four main core subjects with my mentor along with a rubric and examples of what each assignment should look like.
•   INTERPRETIVE
My whole senior project is based on trying to find the best way to integrate art into the everyday core curriculum. Because I worked to create multiple example of art integrated activities for all four of the major core subjects I really had to work and think of the best ways to make these activities work in a way that was fun and educational. I also discovered how hard  it is to create a rubric for an assignment. (P.S. it’s really hard.)(I will provide evidence of my work at 8:00 a.m.  in class in a neat little folder because I have no means of transferring my photos to the blog.)
•   APPLIED
My essential question is “What is the best way to use art as a teaching tool in middle school?” So by looking at so many different activities (with and without art) I was able to really think and get an  idea of what I needed to answer my essential question. 

Here is the work I did
https://docs.google.com/file/d/1QanbpshJ60YHxjcw8xruHvN1fZoOxdXNLCzUicUnDr6qI7j3KOlBj62M1F_6/edit?usp=sharing 

No comments:

Post a Comment